The Emily C. Specchio Foundation is calling all visionary youth to apply for our 2013 Ambassador program. This program awards grants to young people with big ideas on how to give back – whether it be locally or internationally.
What are we looking for?
The Emily C. Specchio Foundation is seeking young adults with a clear vision for a community outreach project to be started/completed within a year of this grant. The project can be designed to help others either domestically or internationally.
How does the Ambassador program work?
The Emily C. Specchio Foundation is looking for inspired young people to embody our mission. The ambassador will clearly state to the Foundation their project goals and mission along with an estimated timeline and funds required. The Foundation will provide mentoring support to the ambassador to help set up a blog or website and fundraise for their cause. The ambassador must present their project ideas and progress at a minimum of three venues (schools, organizations, churches, etc.) in the New Jersey/New York area including The Emily C. Specchio annual “A Night with an Angel” banquet in September, 2014. The Foundation will award $1,000 to this year’s ambassador(s), and will match money raised by the Ambassador (up to $2,500) for one year 2 to 1.
Foundation’s Commitment to the Ambassador:
- A $1,000 award will be given to the winning ambassador(s).
- Additionally, the Foundation will match 2 to 1 any money fundraised by the Ambassador (up to $2,500) during the year of ambassadorship (example: Ambassador raises $2,500, Foundation matches $5,000 = $7,500 Total)
- Foundation serves as channel for Tax-deductible donations for Ambassador’s donors
- Foundation can maintain the funds in a separate account and will set up a plan with the Ambassador on how best to facilitate accessing the funds (i.e. Checking account with a Debit Card, Traveler Checks, etc.)
- Effective practices of fundraising
- How to run a blog and/or website
- Access to Foundation’s network for research contacts and speaking engagements
Ambassador’s Commitment to the Foundation:
Present a clear objective/mission that is achievable within a year using S.M.A.R.T. goals (Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely).
- Must maintain a blog or website that documents project, experiences and photos for the duration of the Fellowship linked through the Emily C. Specchio Foundation webpage
- Present findings/lessons learned to at least three (3) venues preferably in the NJ/NY area including the annual Emily C. Specchio “A Night with an Angel” Banquet. (i.e. university, high school, church group, organization, social club)
How to Apply:
- Please answer the questions below and email to email@example.com by August 31st, 2013
- The application can also be downloaded here as a PDF file: ambassador application 2013
In the email, please attach word or pdf files containing:
1. A CURRENT RESUME OR CURRICULUM VITAE including at minimum:
• Personal Information (name, date of birth, address, contact info)
• Education History
• Employment History
• Extracurricular Activities (community service, involvement with groups/committees, hobbies)
2. A COVER LETTER (no more than 2 pages) ADDRESSING THE FOLLOWING:
- A one-sentence summary of your work’s focus or area or interest focusing on the kinds of problem(s) you are trying to solve.
- An overview of your current project, focusing on what change you are trying to make and what metrics you are using to measure/document change; OR, an outline of your idea, its vision, and progress to date. In either case, the project should be outlined with estimated timelines and funds using S.M.A.R.T. goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely). Any applications with incomplete S.M.A.R.T. goals will not be processed!
- Examples of how your project or idea embodies the mission of The Emily C. Specchio Foundation
3. PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES
• The names and contact information for two people with direct, working knowledge of your project or idea (i.e.: advisor, colleague, director of program, recipient of services).
The Emily C. Specchio Foundation will notify applicants of the decision via email by mid September, 2013.